1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What am I missing - music division?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 21, 2014.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't. Wish I did, though most of them looked like the standard Ticketmaster printout. It would still be cool to look through all the old ones.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I HATE the Ticketmaster thing. Ugh.

3. Machine Head

I saw most of the big acts in the 70s. I'd love to have those stubs.

But I do have an Aaron Carter from when I went with my kids, so there is that. S Club 7 was the opening act.

How sad is it that I remember who the opening act was?

Moddy, here ya go:

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Seasick Steve:

5. Machine Head

Jim Suhler and Monkey Beat:

Tijuana Bible album. New one coming out soon.

6. Machine Head

Morphine - Thursday:

RIP Mark Sandman

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Is it? See, that's just it. I don't know what's on what album, even with bands I know better. Couldn't have told it was that old, or was newer, or what. I just know I heard it, liked it a lot and wondered what else was out there.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wish I had kept ticket stubs toio but they have all ended up in the garbage. Only things I have ever saved from shows were the TTB guitar pick and a Stray Cats set list.

9. Machine Head

Brian Setzer put his loft in these parts up for sale. Interesting flipping through the pictures. I'd like to know what components his system has. I see a McIntosh tube amp and maybe Marantz? gear. I think I see a turntable as well. The pillows on the bed, well..

http://curbed.com/archives/2013/09/25/heres-a-look-inside-brian-setzers-retro-rock-n-roll-pad.php

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It's not remotely new, but I discovered Willis Alan Ramsey last year. Great stuff.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Setzer is a terrific guitar player, love the big band stuff he does. Is he going to throw in his legendary Gretsch Chet Atkins?

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think what your post is also bringing up is how timeless certain styles of music can be to the listener. Jonas was recorded almost 20 years ago, but it could be played today on the radio and it sounds current.

Later on today once my kid is tired of the snow I will try and post some songs from bands that are very similar in sound to Weezer that you would probably really enjoy.

Draft saved Draft deleted