1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What about your eating habits?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Sep 11, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i do this almost every week. you can also make a nice sandwich with them. i know that means eating carbs, but when you're in a rush and have no time to either prepare a lunch or eat it, a nice chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat is far better than stopping at taco bell, 7-11 or the vending machine for dinner.

if it's cold out, you can broil or saute them. if you're too busy, buy a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket and slice or pull off some meat for sandwiches. just don't eat the skin.

i also agree with those who advocate cutting out soda. other than in mixed drinks, which i have only occasionally, i haven't had a soda since 1994. cutting it out was brutal at first but now i drink water about 99 percent of the time (with occasional lemonade, ice tea or juice). have you ever looked at the ingredients in soda? there are no recognizable substances. you're drinking poison.

2. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

If you are going to graze, find some better grazing food. Any kind of melon is filled with juices that help fill you up and hydrate you and they are low in calories. Just cut them into lots of little pieces and snack for awhile. Grapes, raisins, dried cranberries are other ideas for grazing. The same with vegatables. Some nuts can be high in calories, so choose the nuts with less calories and enjoy the proteins .
    A lot of grocery stories are not offering cut up fruits - I go to Publix a lot for a big ol' bowl of strawberries, grapes, watermelon and cantalope. Yeah, it costs a little more, but I like the convenience and variety and the healthy aspect. It's an extra dollar or two.
    Hope those ideas help.

Draft saved Draft deleted