1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What about an sj.com ombudsman?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think I would curl into a ball and cry if I had to critique all the political threads.

The ombudsman was somewhat disappointed, once again, to see Yawn respond to a discussion about Sen. Hillary Clinton's second-place finish in the Iowa caucuses with a 800 word screen about how Clinton and Christopher Hitchens had a secret affair and were now plotting their "Five Year Plan" to bring back bread lines when Clinton seizes office next year in a military coup. The ombudsman felt this comment crossed the line and went beyond the good-natured spirit of friendly debate here at SportsJournalists.com, and he would like to see a more nuanced discussion in the future. Mr. Yawn, when contacted by the ombudsman, refused to respond to any questions, saying he believed the ombudsman was critiquing SportsJournalists.com from "a safe balcony on Manhattan's Upper West Side" and that he was likely "Trotsky-sympathizing pinko anyway" who was almost certainly the "peitri dish spawned love child of Fenian Bastard and sportschick."

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fuck the ombudsman. Let SJ be SJ.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Hmmmm ... omkeithsman ... Hate to break it to you, CSC, but that doesn't really work.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'll second that.

Draft saved Draft deleted