1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What a way to screw up a daughter's birthday.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hackcrack, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't understand why rabbits dig their little holes and have babies in the middle of yards. Seen it several times. Can't they find some bushes or something?

Maybe they like to have a large field of vision.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Damn... That's brutal.

In hindsight just be glad the bunny died and you didn't pay $1500 to "try" to save it.

3. hackcrack

hackcrack Member

Yeah, I can imagine the vet wanting to charge me that for open heart surgery. I was pissed that the first gal just didn't say, "We'll take it," and walk it back to the back and just sit it down if not try to clean the womb...then when it breathed its final breath, dispose of it rather than allow a kid who was hurting to desperately search for someone to save it. Mark my words, that's the final visit to that vet's office. Customer service moron, she is.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Vets can be like dishonest mechanics. I know several people who have been roped into paying ungodly sums of money to keep pets alive for a couple more days.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I hit a bunny with my car when I was 15 1/2. It was the second or third trip out in the car with my learner's permit.

It was a great way to enter the world as a driver.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

We have an acre and a half and used to have a cat that was a bunny hunter. I had to be very wary during teh spring when the baby bunnies were around. More than a few times, I heard a scream and had to go take a little one away from the cat.

The cat was declawed in the front, so the bunnies where almost always OK.

The cat was my wife's and she said that she didn't know bunnies could scream. It's a haunting sound.

One day the cat disappeared. I think that the bunnies finally had enough.

7. hackcrack

hackcrack Member

I remember Hank Hill on "King of the Hill" having to deal with Duke the cat and this vet that ran up a bill in the thousands on shit he just made up.

8. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

You should have thrown the dead bunny in the trash, went somewhere and had a beer before returning home to let the little one know that the bunny was fine and being sent to a farm out in the country.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Could have been a lot worse. Hope you saved a foot. It could be lucky.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Boom, I was thinking the same thing but came up with this:

[​IMG]

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That's funny JR. I saw that photo also. Could find nothing with Fatal Attraction bunnies. Found some nice photos of Glenn Close though that I had forgotten about from movie.

12. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I have this old, now, Chocolate Lab who is the gentlest dog on earth. Several years ago, in some woods near our house, he caught a babyish bunny. Being a Lab, he just kind of picked it up, held it in his mouth, looked at me. I was horrified. "Max, drop! Right now!" He quickly spat out the bunny, which hopped away, apparently unscathed. Very much like a cartoon.

Draft saved Draft deleted