1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What a Sunday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 11, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My eyes are bleeding about now. Even without the Olympics it was a pretty interesting sports day, with a hell of an ending to the PGA Championship (Sorry Sergio, Padraig is the "new" Tiger, and more than decent NASCAR race at Watkins Glen. Throw in the China-USA hoops (which was lame), and the relay and I felt like it was Jan. 1 from a couple of years ago where Boise State caps the day with a hell of a comeback. Makes me glad to be a sports fan.

2. I think we all can agree on this.

Don't forget Cubs-Cards. :)

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The "new" Tiger, huh?

4. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

China/USA was lame? What was the close first half too lame for you?

I agree it was a great sports day but watching LeBron, Kobe, Kidd and Co. overcome China's 3-pt shooting with an attack-the-basket 2nd half was compelling.

Paddie officially replaced Phil as Tiger's biggest threat.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The who now?

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

My thoughts exact. Not sure how a real hoops fan would find that game lame. Was he expecting a nailbiter?

China coming out and hitting something like 7 of it's first 10 three-pt attempts against some incredible defensive pressure in front of the home fans was about as compelling a start as anyone could've hoped for, given the talent mismatch. Lebron had some absolutely epic defensive plays few others on earth are capable of. And the relentless pace and pressure of this USA team is great to watch--I think they play harder defensively than any national team I've seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted