1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What a shock: Hollywood pushing back at "The Sniper"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

It's all relative. He brags about 30 extra kills, you brag about 30 extra minutes on the treadmill.

JackReacher, Riptide and Hokie_pokie like this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

For some reason, John Kerry didn't get this benefit of the doubt from the right on his war record. Funny thing.

3. Mr. Sunshine

One's dead; that's the difference. Well, that and the fact that the live one was running for president. Apples and chads, really. But at least there are heroes like Michael Moore who don't let such silly distinctions get in the way of speaking their minds.

4. Dick Whitman

One wrote a book and voted Republican.

5. Dick Whitman

I do find him fascinating and can't wait to see it. My cousin who is a huge movie buff was over this weekend raving about it. Supposedly he's sending over a bootleg copy for me, hopefully tomorrow.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Do you really not understand how some people might be willing to let certain things slide when a person is not around to answer criticisms? Haha, what am I saying? If anyone doesn't understand such obvious differences, it would be you.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  7. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

So you don't think Kyle deserves to be called a hero, Dick? Seriously?

8. Dick Whitman

Yeah, I'm so stupid!

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  9. Hokie_pokie

Oh for fuck's sake.

10. Dick Whitman

I think that it's fair to discuss the entirety of the man. I don't care about labels like "hero." That's just a #hot take.

11. Hokie_pokie

No problem whatsoever discussing "the entirety of the man." I just choose to focus more on his sacrifice and service to our country than some shit he lied about after he came home from hell.

12. Dick Whitman

No problem discussing the entirety of these, except, of course, that you say one sentence later that we shouldn't be discussing the entirety of the man.

Draft saved Draft deleted