1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What a shitty headline

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double J, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

According to a headline on the website of the daily newspaper where I toiled for 16 years, a local nuclear power generation facility has "shit" rather than shut down one of its reactors.

Bruce Power shits down unit temporarily

No idea whether this headline will actually make the print edition, which won't hit the streets until mid-morning. Oh God, I hope so!!!

I doubt it will last very long online, though, which is why I'm really glad that some enterprising (not to mention handsome and charming) Facebooker took and posted a picture of it for posterity's sake. :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3523182&l=6a3c828d67&id=637860780

I'm gonna laugh my ass off about this for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. :D ;D :D ;D :D

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I love that Bruce Power looks like someone's name.

And as of this post, it's still up.

3. Hey, give Mr. Power a break. We've all been in his shoes before. When you gotta go and all.

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

But right in the reactor? That there takes planning. This was premeditated, I say.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Shitting all down your unit, though......no matter how much you scrubbed it, you still wouldn't be able to keep a straight face next time your SO (or someone else) was down there.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Bruce Power - so named because it's located in Bruce Township, Bruce County, Ontario.

I love it because the CEO is a Scotsman with a really thick brogue, and every time you hear him say the word "power," all you can picture is Scotty from Star Dreck - "I dewwn't heff the PEEOWER!!"

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

Still there! :)

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He's probably related to Max Power.

9. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Fixed. Kinda sad. Like the shit down, was only temporary.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Or Ted Power

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

12. And just as temporary.

Draft saved Draft deleted