1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what a pig

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You need a brain, to be hot.

Sex appeal + brain + chemistry = irresistible.

2. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

that matt lauer interview looks hilarious. i've said this about celebs before and i'll say it again
    I don't give a shit about your life or your problems.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Saying that "She could simply choose to not be a celebrity anymore" is silly. You can't un-ring that bell. She could divorce that dirtbag, give all of her existing money to a Katrina relief fund, move to Wichita and work at the bank like any other random single mom, and the only thing that would change is that she wouldn't be able to afford the security staff that she would still need to, basically, protect her from us. Every third tabloid cover story would be an account of how she miscounted somebody's change or yelled at her kid in McDonald's for bogarting the fries.

She's now achieved the American Dream: Being famous for being famous. She could turn out not one more album the rest of her life and it would take 20 years, at least, for her to drop off the radar screen. It's not easy these days to pull a Harper Lee or Greta Garbo and say, "I just want to be left alone." Too much sick demand for the content and too much technology to allow that to happen.

All pontificating aside: The Britney I saw on Dateline looks and sounds like most of the chicks I grew up with in the lower Midwest. Yeah, I'd probably have hit it. wasted many hours in pursuit.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Enough trashing of Britney. Too easy. Anybody else think Matt Lauer was a trying a little too hard to look celebrity cool, going with the no-socks-and-loafers look? Next thing you know he's going to be going all Pat O'Brien on someone's answering machine.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not even with Bea Arthur's dick.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Kurt Kobain had talent at what he did. Britney Spears is/was, as Michael Bolton would put it, a no-talent ass clown.

7. Geauxdawg

Geauxdawg Member

It's so weird to see her like this because I actually had a few college courses with a cousin of her's, and she was the sweetest, nicest girl you could meet, and a real class act. Makes me wonder how the hell they're related now.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

As Dave Chappelle says...."you can't unfamous, infamous but not unfamous"

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

The first thing I thought when I saw the interview-- seriously-- was:

Damn, Lauer's lookin' bad these days. He's not aging well.

As for Britney, the one benefit of having the kids so young is that her body will bounce right back.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Buck . . . Princess Di, too, was an attention whore. Her protests about celebrity-mag pursuits were sheer BS.
    And it literally killed her.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

wow. this thread has touched a nerve,

one point: if this dateline deal was p.r. driven, britney needs new p.r. people. as my teachers always said, take the gum out of your mouth, put on something presentable, can the clownish makeup and put on a nice presentation.

she's become a cartoon of trailer-park trash. there's nothing attractive about her. and her kid and the one on the way should be signed up for therapy right now.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted