1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what a pig

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jun 15, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm sure it was a PR move with all the stuff that's being said about her. Maybe not the best PR move, but a PR move nonetheless.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I bet it would be funny as hell if you did, though. Assuming Cletus doesn't give you both barrels of his over-and-under.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Songbird, I know you don't want to show empathy.  I'm too proud to offer any to K-Fed.  That's how much I can't stand that lazy fuck.  

Was that Matt Lauer doing the interview?  He's back on my shit list again.  The Tom Cruise waiver has expired for you Mattie boy!

The trailer park Moms have dissociated themselves from her.  They look like suburban moms compared to Brit.   :-*

4. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Did I read that right? Is she pregnant again?

Jeez -- she's a MILF if you've ever seen one

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I don't think she's putting herself in the public eye, is she?  All the photos of her are her private life ... she's not doing concerts that I know of.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Get out of the house much?

7. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

I have to. I'm a sports reporter. But I don't ever read the tabloids.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Neither do I, but jebus H. keyrist... it wasnt exactly a secret

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

it's my baby. i knocked her up.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

But didn't she go on Dateline to defend herself?  I'm not a Britanny Spears fan by any means but the girl became famous at a very young age.  She certainly wouldn't have considered the ramifications of that fame.  Now she can't drive to the fucking mall without cameras following her and the entire country judging her every move.

At some point, shouldn't we have just an ounce of compassion?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm sorry HC, but Britney wasn't some fly-by-night American Idol superstar. She was on Mickey Mouse Club as a kid. She pretty clearly wanted to be famous at an early age.

You can't openly pine for the fame then recoil at it. Not publicly, at least.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'll agree that the media has been harsh on her in the last couple of years, but BYH is write. She actively sought the spotlight and in that instance you jhave to deal with the bad and the good.

EDIT: Better?

Draft saved Draft deleted