1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What A Night!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Not big on those guys but "Broadway" is a great song.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Gin Blossoms' new album is VERY new -- it won't even be released til Aug. 8!

[​IMG]

Here's their new single:

http://www.ginblossoms.net/music/index.html

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

"Half the songs they played I recognized. The other half were songs I didn't."

What about the other third -- didja just know the melodies?

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I saw Toad a few weeks ago. They're together again to tour for a live album they put out from a concert in 1992. They're not making new music, but they're great in person. One of my favorite bands. I've seen them multiple times since they "broke up."

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn, I'm jealous of Headbutt, what with the retro tunes and lesbians. If you ever get to see a show with him, do it. He's good peeps! :D

I loved "Hey Jealousy." It was a big song the summer before I went away to college, when my first true love and I were doing that awkward maybe we'll have sex again before you leave, maybe we won't dance. The wistful, regretful vibe of "Hey Jealousy" seemed to sum us up perfectly.

Of course, so did "Found Out About You," which is probably why it was a good thing we didn't do it again before I went away to college.

As for the Gins, I like their songs, but they were pretty much one-note wonders. All the songs sounded the same, but they tread comfortable ground. I was a big fan of the Empire Records song "Til I Hear It From You."

And as for the Goo Goo Dolls, it's shocking to remember they opened their career on Metal Blade Records. Now they sing stuff for soccer moms. Oh well. "Slide" is still a great, exuberient song.

Draft saved Draft deleted