1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What A Night!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Gin Blossoms are back together? Sweet, though not totally sweet without the entire lineup.

Now we need Toad and his merry band of Wet Sprockets to kiss and make up.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It was the guitarist, Doug Hopkins. The singer, Robin Wilson, is still alive and well. And yes, they've been working on a new album for a while. They broke up after "Congratulations I'm Sorry" and got back together 2 or 3 years ago.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

5. sportsed

sportsed Guest

So you would have missed 10,000 Maniacs at the same Mem Aud by a year, right? That was some fine music that night. That and Deadeye Dick at the Nickelodeon. They did "New Age Girl" last ... shocker.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Saw 10,000 Maniacs too. I grew up in Meigs County. It wasn't that far to Athens from there. Did not see Deadeye Dick at the Nick . . . was never a big New Age Girl fan and I couldn't justify spending money to see a band who's one song I didn't care for.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

1. I totally concur on Cowboy Mouth - saw them my freshman year of college ('97) and had a helluva time.
    2. This post strikes me as WAY funny, the laughs hit their peak at:

"I just hung out with half a dozen girls, some of them lesbians, some of them just hot girls having fun. I felt like I was in with the in crowd."

3. There, but for the grace of God, go I.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

The inner truths of SportsJournalists.com members are revealed in drunkeness. :)

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

"Hey Jealousy" was the only reason I bought the GB CD and well, the only reason I know who the GB are.
    Are they a one-hit wonder?

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Holy Shit! I totaly forgot about that song! I think I'm going to get it off iTunes.

Sexy, I don't think they're techinacally a one-hit-wonder. My favorite is "Found Out About You." I'm also partial to "Until I fall Away."

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Goo Goo Dolls alert!

Channel 334 on DirecTV free view.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I missed seeing the Goo Goo Dolls in concert the other night :'(

But after hearing the new album, they've gotten soft in their old age.

Draft saved Draft deleted