1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHAT A F_CKING MORON

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I love Sajak's reaction........"NOOOO...."

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Big Circus and HC like this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I saw this live. What a dingus.

A few minutes later, the clue was "Sticky _icket," and he asked for a "p."

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

And that, in short, is the difference between Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!

Sticky picket? A Streetcar Naked Desire?

Never let it be said that ignorance can't be costly.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What Sajak said at the end was the funniest part.
    "Although you got the right answer, I'd rather see Kevin's play."

Rhody31 likes this.
  5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Nerdy as it must sound, I DVR "Jeopardy!" to watch in the evening -- it's on in the middle of the afternoon where I live -- and was thinking this week how grateful I am that the great powers-to-be in TV allow one game show that demands some real knowledge and brain power from its contestants. Most of what's out there is just snarky nothingness and pure luck. If "Jeopardy!" is for nerds and eggheads, sign me the F up. Feels good to learn a few things that are outside my normal 9-to-5 -- and even better to nail some of the tough ones when the contestants blank.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Still my favorite:

Chef2 likes this.
  7. Steak Snabler

As Martin Scorsese's game show sponsor character said in Quiz Show, "You can accomplish the exact same thing [ratings-wise] just by making the questions easier. See, the audience didn't tune in to watch some amazing display of intellectual ability. They just wanted to watch the money."

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

i've taken the Jeopardy contestant test a few times and, man, the questions are a helluva lot harder than what you normally see on the show. Which makes sense bc they're trying to vet the best contestants and they don't want to feature a show where no one knows the damn answers.

Joe Williams likes this.
  9. Steak Snabler

Whereas with Wheel of Fortune or The Wall, they don't want people who are too smart. And with Family Feud, they just want eccentric people that Steve Harvey can make fun of for the whole show.

BTW, if you think Jeopardy is tough (and it is), wait until 500 Questions comes back this summer. The contestants are all college professors and NASA engineers.

I average about two-thirds to 80 percent correct on an episode of Jeopardy. On 500 Questions, it's more like a third to 40 percent.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Not one of the prouder moments for my alma mater.

Wheel of Fortune needs to go back to contestant shopping after every round. They sold more ceramic dogs than anyone in America in the '80s.

Joe Williams and Steak Snabler like this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A-chillis
    LMAO
    Yep.....
    A proud Hoosier.......or is it hoo-she-ur?

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Nobody ever took the gift certificate.

Draft saved Draft deleted