1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wham! will reunite - no joke

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Oct 21, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Community service?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh he's done a lot.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That Faith album made somebody a ton of bucks, though.

The writing was on the wall with the follow-up, however, when George decided to burn the leather jacket and not appear in any videos. "Freedom", which appeared on VH1 at least 200,000 times after its debut, is a song filled with double meanings.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

... and models who could get frisky because they were not intimidated by Michael's motivations. Their hairdressers on the other hand ...

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Is he bi or was he a hetero who switched sides? The girl in the "I Want Your Sex" video, remember, was his longtime girlfriend. And he looked pretty convincing when he was macking on the model in "Father Figure."

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm pretty sure he's been swinging from one side of the plate for a long time. Brooke Shields was a long-term beard.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Which "Freedom"? The Wham song, or the solo single that came out around Christmas 1990?

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

To be fair, and I fought many of you on this back on the greatest voices thread years ago, I think he has one of the best of all time & is the only guy who could have fronted for Queen after Freddie Mercury died. He was awesome at that concert. It's a shame that he only sings crappy music.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Freedom '90, which may even be the actual title.

George gave an interview a few years ago when he said he hadn't had a heterosexual relationship for some time. Not sure when the cutoff was.

Some DJ once launched into an analysis of "Father Figure" as a secret gay anthem. It was really far more than I wanted to hear.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Apologies to all, but for me, one single glance at the "Go Go" video from the fall of 1984 removed all doubt as to which side of the wicket ol' GM batted from.

(That he had "beards" ahoy in his videos, and that he finally came out 12 years later, didn't matter to me. I liked most of his songs between 1987-1990.)

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Andrew Ridgeley, however, apparently couldn't get enough of the opposite sex during Wham!'s heyday. He eventually married one of the girls from Bananarama and became an environmental crusader.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

What convinced me was his "Monkey" video. There are a couple scenes where he runs across the stage. Yep...

Draft saved Draft deleted