1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wha, Wha, What! Police in botched raid get medals?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 30, 2008.

1. I don't know about this:

Did they deserve medals? Not in my opinion.
    I understand the cops were fired on, but they shouldn't have been there in the first place. Maybe it wasn't their fault, but it sure as hell wasn't heroic.
    The guy who came up with this idea is a moron - this is a PR disaster.

2. Welcome to America, 2008.

No, we don't live in a police state.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

When did Rudy Guiliani become Police Chief in Minneapolis?

And why aren't these people suing the City for several hundred gazillion dollars?

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Hmm ... giving a medal to people who fucked up royally ... where did they get that idea?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Anyone who can fill a house full of bullet holes and not hit a single person deserves a medal in my book.

6. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

The A-Team could do it.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Didn't that happen in the movie/book Catch 22, where a squadron received medals for bombing an open patch of the ocean?

8. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I didn't accidentally shoot innocent people today. Do I get a medal?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if you give medals anytime a SWAT team enters a building, seems to me you're doing a better job if no one gets off a shot. You'd think there would have been a little more recon before the raid went down, which might have uncovered the bogus info. That said, I'm sure they had no contact with the informant so it wasn't their screw-up. But I do think these teams shouldn't bet their lives and jobs on the word of an informant.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You're doin' a heckuva of a job there, Dolan...

11. From the story...

Draft saved Draft deleted