1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We've found our boom market for newspapers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dixiehack, Feb 21, 2009.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Asia anyone?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1880571,00.html?iid=tsmodule

2. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

If U.S. papers can outsource copy-editing to India, why not the other way 'round? I stand ready to edit cricket stories.

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Have at it:

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

How can Time run a story like this without asking/answering the question of whether newspaper circulation is audited like it is in the United States? The answer, as anyone who bothers to spend three minutes Googling, is apparently most Asian publications don't have audited circulation, so they can claim any circulation figures they want.

5. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

I wouldn't change a word! You don't see too many "placid pitch" references in football gamers. I'll have to sneak one in next year.

6. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Do they do furloughs over there?

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I've been following cricket for over a year now. I just happened to catch it once as a fluke while looking for stuff to watch on the net. It's awesome, better than baseball.

Turns out now I can tell my wife all those times I stayed up until 6 a.m. watching an ODI were actually vital career training.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

They have no shortage of potential customers. China alone has a billion and a half people. Granted, not all of them read, but a certain percentage do.

As for the cricket story: any "wicked gogglies" in there?

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Not as of yet. The print market is actually growing in India and Indonesia, although of course the growth in the English-language press is going to be less.

Draft saved Draft deleted