1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Westminster Dog Show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The Messiah lives!

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

wha? beagle or beagel?

and anything's better than another fuckin' poodle

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I watched part of one dog show (Kentucky basketball) before finding the real thing.

Any of 'em except that poodle.

4. Birddog

Birddog Guest

I've always disliked the dog-show scenario. Breeding dogs just for their looks, rather than brains and noses, just creates more Britney Spears of dogdom. Working dogs and field trials are a whole 'nother thing, though. Nothing like watching someone put a retriever through its paces from 100 yards using only visual and aural signals. Beats watching somebody trot around a ring with a leashed, pampered pooch, IMHO.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Absolutely. Great to see the love for the beagle here. They are great, great dogs and Uno is a deserving winner.

Uno rocks. Pure and simple. What a cool dog.

It's about freakin' time that a dog that doesn't exist merely to shake and piss all day, a dog that is actually a dog and not a blown-up gerbil, a dog that doesn't look like you can wipe your ass with it and cast it aside got the props it so richly deserved.

Mrs. Birdscribe and I used to watch Westminster religiously. For seven consecutive years, she picked the Best in Show based on looking at the anal, snobby judges. Seven freakin' years of looking at the judge, listening to that toady David Frei or the late Roger Caras slobber over the gerbil or gerbils du jour and picking that dog.

As for breeds, give me a beagle, boxer or that cool rastadog -- the komondor -- anyday.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

We've got a full-blooded beagle in our house. When the breed won last night, we went and woke ours and got it drunk. Figured it was one of those once-in-a-lifetime things, like when the Bears win the Super Bowl.

On a related note, our beagle fuckin' loves Grolsch.

7. Birddog

Birddog Guest

F_B
    As newbie, I hesitate to correct someone of your august stature on thie board. But those are fox hounds, not beagles.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

NOT POO-dle!? !?

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That's why he didn't say release the beagles!
    Get the man a case.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Please hand in your man card on the way out

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to next year when a German Shepherd wins. It's been 21 years — they're due.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

So has it really been 21 years, or just three?

Draft saved Draft deleted