1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Western North Carolina out of gas; South about to panic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I've found that the gas, for some reason, is a tad cheaper in Woodstock.

2. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Makes as much sense as blaming Bush.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You consider $3.39 to be a low price?

4. KG

KG Active Member

It is at the QT on 92 (by 575), but the one on Towne Lake Pkwy is usually a few cents more.

I try to get it in Kennesaw at the QT by the mall. It's often the cheapest for some reason.

Today at a BP by Towne Center Mall I saw one place that had regular for $4.39. Then again, at least it had gas.

5. KG

KG Active Member

I would love to pay $3.39 for gas. That would be awesome! Actually what would be awesome would be knowing that any one of the kadoozles of stations near me actually had gas to sell.

6. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Diabeetus, yes, I would. And so would the rest of the world. We bought gas at a price so far below market value for so long that we accepted it as normal and right. The market has corrected itself. It's still underpriced her. Milk costs more. We're not going to run out of cows. Or milk. Someday, we will run out of gas.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That was the case in south Alabama. In a few towns, at least. They limited consumption on post and around town, but it wasn't cash only.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I ran into a lady Saturday who said she stopped at a station where the limit was $15. That would only get you to the next gas station. If you're lucky.

9. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

I HAVE A FULL TANK!!!

Stopped for gas around 12:30 after my morning job...waited about 30 minutes but got a full tank...$4.29 a gallon.

10. KG

KG Active Member

I should probably go out in a little while and see if I can find a place. I just don't have the patience to get it during the day.

11. Family member in the western Carolinas said he saw about 30 cars following a tanker around. Tanker driver said the cars had been following him for about an hour without any idea where he was going and without knowing whether he even had gas.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It happened in Birmingham right fter Ike.. in theory. But the night it hit I needed gas when I got home from work, popped the card in the pump reader and got gas...

Draft saved Draft deleted