1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Western North Carolina out of gas; South about to panic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm just going to come right out and say it:

[​IMG]

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

WFFW

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

NASCAR should be banned. Talk about a waste of fuel!!

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I had a football game yesterday in the Charlotte area. Most gas stations were out - pumps bagged and yellow tape up. Those that did have it had their prices about what it is everywhere else, no apparent gouging but the open stations each had two cops stationed in the parking lot and lines 20-25 cars deep.

5. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I don't believe NASCAR uses the kind of gas you find at your local gas station.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

While you're at it, ban football, baseball, basketball and hockey. All those cross-country flights are a waste of fuel!!

7. lono

lono Active Member

Everything seems back to normal today.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Haven't seen a station yet with premium in the tank... all regular.

9. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Then come down to Atlanta.

According to friends of mine, the highway emergency lanes are slowly becoming a graveyard of cars out of gas.

My friend abandoned his car north of the city yesterday and took the bus home. He doesn't know when he was going to be able to get gas in order to drive it back home.

My brother went to QT at 4 a.m. today, and there were at least 50 cars waiting in line. AT 4 IN THE MORNING.

A multitude of fights have broken out around the city at gas stations over complaints of cutting the line, etc.
    My brother saw someone almost get in a fight because a guy just drove in to go to the convenience store and people thought he was cutting the line for gas.

10. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Bullrog- where's that QT? I went by the one on Sydney Marcus today and it looked like the lines were getting lighter.

Atlanta = Land of Boortz. Morons listen to talk radio, morons on talk radio tell morons to go get gas no matter what, morons cause a gas shortage. Well done all around. Nice to see our dumbass governor still likes doing nothing about anything.

11. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

In Roswell on Highway 92 (a couple miles before Roswell High School).

I have enough to get to work in the morning, but not sure about the drive home. I've been filling up at the intersection of North Peachtree and 285, and I haven't had any problems with the two gas stations on the north side of the exit. Although they are expensive, they've consistently had gas the past two weeks.

12. KG

KG Active Member

A few days ago I went down Highway 92 looking for gas. I passed 7 stations before caving and getting on 575. I ended up finally finding some on Towne Lake Parkway. I was so close to running out after looking for gas that I even put it in neutral when I was going downhill and on the offramp to try and conserve. I won't let it get that low again. I don't want to be one of those people who are panicking, but I'm not going to let it get below 1/4 tank again.

Draft saved Draft deleted