1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Westchester/Poughkeepsie doings (and not good ones)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Aug 12, 2009.

1. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Link to Peter's blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/09/17/so-heres-a-little-news-for-you/

For me, this is really cool, because we covered Legion ball together back in the 1980s.

He's a Massachusetts boy -- Fall River or New Bedford. I forget which, but he'd kill me if he knew I didn't remember.

2. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Great news for Pete. I worked with him in Norwich when I first started out, and learned a lot from him. I hope he does well in this endeavor, and am certain he will.

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

My brother is a big sports fan, but not a big reader... and he's always telling about the stuff he reads from Abraham and the LoHud blog... It will be a treat to read Pete's work in the Globe.

4. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I've heard Peter Abraham's job will actually be filled, since his departure wasn't part of the consolidation. It sounds like the NFL coverage is going to be cut way back, though Knicks beat writer Mike Dougherty was at the Jets-Pats game last Sunday.

Ernie Palladino has launched his own Giants blog.

Jane McManus has a Twitter feed, and is running a roller derby website.

5. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

Draft saved Draft deleted