1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Westboro Baptist Church will picket Ledger's funeral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Jan 23, 2008.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

They do know he only played a gay guy, right?

Are they going to protest Billy Crystal's funeral, too?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They're both gay enablers, dammit.

Maybe Billy gets a pass for being attracted to that perky Meg Ryan.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Why don't you show up and do it then, tough guy?

4. They'd have to remember Soap first.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Next time they show up at a funeral for one of my relatives, I'll be there. ;D

Until then, just working to make the concept more socially acceptable. ;)

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Why waist the bones in your fists on these guys? I'd rather stand on the curb and laugh at them (believe me, that will offend them more than any counterprotest).
    And if Fred wants to run over and take a swing at me? Okay, THEN it's go time.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Uncle Freddie doesn't show up for those things. Bastard is too old.

I recall once at a soldier's funeral, the Westboro nutfucks showed up, and a soldier ran right at them. He was restrained at the last second, but seeing those fucksticks scatter like scared little pussies was absolutely priceless.

They claim they're covered by the Constitution, but I wonder if their medical insurance covers broken bodies?

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They were supposed to come to Bardstown, KY, a year ago after a few people died in a house fire. But the fuckers never showed.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My, that's a lovely accent. G'day, mate. What do you say we put another shrimp on the barbee?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Thank you, you beat me to it. Fred Phelps and Co. need to vanish. I know I wouldn't miss them.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't think the Constitution covers fighting words. I also don't *think* the First Amendment covers hate speech.

It definitely doesn't insulate you from people's reactions to your "speech."

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And the day everyone decides to just STFU about them and let them make fools of themselves without commenting is the day they disappear from their increasingly fading relevance.

Draft saved Draft deleted