1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Westboro Baptist Church to protest JoePa funeral (should this be RIP WBC?)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 24, 2012.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I didn't see this in the RIP JoePa thread.
    Those nutjobs at the Westboro Baptist Church are planning to protest at Joe Paterno's funeral.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/01/westboro_baptist_church_to_pic.html

I'm wondering -- do the Penn State students and alumni let them get out of town alive? ;D

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Re: Westboro Baptist Church to protest JoePa funeral (should this RIP WBC?)

And yet we continue to publicize them

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I would have thought some soldier or cop's relative would have done it already, but I could see this being the magic moment.

It'll be a great day for America when at least one of those fuckers (preferably Pappa Fred himself) is hauled off in a rubber bag.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This. Why even post it. Why even talk about it. Let them rot but don't play their game.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I agree with the last statement. If any of the WBC loons had seen the video of Penn State students rioting when JoePa was fired, I think they'd drop their travel plans. What do you think those kids will do if WBC start ranting their homophobic slurs at JoePa's funeral?

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I doubt they'll really show up. They seem to be making a habit of speaking up, then backing down.

7. Starman

Somebody's got to figure out a way to flash-mob them (emphasis on "mob") on the infrequent occasions they actually show up in public.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Some starman-style justice on them would be nice.

9. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

This.

All this "church" is after is getting attention. If we and the news media stop giving them that attention, they'll no longer have any incentive to do this crap.

10. Starman

They'll really have no incentive to do it after a few of them catch a tire iron across the skull.

11. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Would they protest his funeral?

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If they show (and they won't) ity may be the first time in three months I'm happy to see Franco Harris on the scene...And Lavar Arrington...and Brandon Short....

If these douchebags really wanted to protest something in State College Sandusky's been a sitting duck on house arrest for almost two months. I doubt anyone other than the neighbors would care.

Draft saved Draft deleted