1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

West Wing alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Oct 27, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

On Bravo right now ... the re-election party episode. Maybe the best dialogue of the series in one show.
    And where has the show been? Dammit.

Mary Louise Parker just took off the overcoat to reveal the red dress that dropped Josh to his knees.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And now Danica Kelleher or whatevery her name was is wearing a slinky outfit of her won.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Great, great scene.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

for my money, the GREATEST. NETWORK. DRAMA. EVER.

memo to self: dig out my first three seasons on dvd and begin watching again.

thanks for the reminder. ;)

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

every time i see mrs. landingham doing a commercial i tear up, too.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

sarah palin reminds me of the james brolin character. folksy but dumber than dirt.

like we shouldn't want out presidential/vp candidates to be, you know, smart.

7. Cubman71

Cubman71 Guest

This was a great show for the first 3-4 seasons, then lagged a bit. The non-Sorkin years weren't quite as good (and sometimes pretty hokey....like when Zoe got kidnapped be terrorists, etc)

But the last year, focusing on the election of Matt Santos and what goes on in campaigns brought the show back.

But I was glued to the TV all day watching the marathon, and remembering how great of a show it was then.

RIP John Spencer

8. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I have all seven seasons on DVD, and have probably watched each, at minimum, three times. That said, I was still watching this for a couple of hours.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I would rather watch three hours of Rudy Giuliani in a rabbit suit doing a Bugs Bunny revival show on Broadway than one minute of West Wing's peppy, chirpy banter. Most of these people needed to be on some kind of meds. I hated Sports Night, too.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

That was my introduction to Jeff Buckley and "Hallelujah."

There hasn't been a better show on over-the-air channels since it left.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

For the last few weeks, they been showing back-to-back episodes at 8 and 9 a.m.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, since I never removed my Tivo Season Pass, I've caught all of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted