1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

West Virginia wins first national title since '97

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

My college alma mater would have done better in the voting if it wasn't a total commuter campus.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

A list that doesn't include the University of Wisconsin in its top 10 is a list with no credibility at all. UW was ranked No. 1 on Playboy's list. I'll take Playboy over Princeton any day.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We were overlooked. They always overlook the mid-majors. We can so kick WVU's ass at partying. This never would have happened when we were there.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

OU's Halloween looks like a chess club meeting compared to Madison.
    Thing with the PR though, is they do their rankings based on survey results. You don't need teeth to know how to mess with a survey (a slam on WVU, not OU, SC).

5. sportschick

That's because all the students head out of town for Halloween and it's a bunch of out-of-towners. Madison's got nothing on Ohio's day-to-day partying.

6. amraeder

This seems like a debate that can only be rightly settled through some combination of keg stands and beer bongs :)

7. sportschick

You are so on! There's a reason I picked Ohio over Madison, and it wasn't just the journalism school :D

8. amraeder

You can't stand watching a winning football basketball hockey team?

9. sportschick

Hey, we had Gary Trent while I was there. Basketball team kicked ass. The hockey team's damned good, just happens to not be varsity and the football team . . . well, the band's cool :D

10. amraeder

Cool band will get you a long way. Are there any cool OU game day traditions? Never watched a game there.
    And when you find your way to Alaska to knock it off your stats you haven't seen list, I'll break out the keg!

11. sportschick

Game day tradition = leave at half time after the band plays, and then do the Court Street shuffle.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

sorry chick, but Morgantown's drinking you pansies under the table every time ... then they'll burn the table.

Draft saved Draft deleted