1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

West Virginia vs Louisville

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Nov 2, 2006.

?

Who will win tonight's big matchup?

Poll closed Nov 3, 2006.
  1. West Virginia wins

59.5%
  2. Louisville wins

40.5%
  1. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I've watched this entire minor league college football game and while I've enjoyed it it's laughable either of these teams are considered to be national title contenders... you're telling me the offenses of Ohio State/Michigan/insert SEC team here would not rack up gaudy numbers while the speedy defenses of Ohio State/Michigan/insert SEC team here would be unlike nothing these two teams have seen.

Talk about a boring national title game. For Ohio State's sake, I hope they do play one of these teams... Justin Zwick would be getting snaps midway through the third quarter.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Hmm ...

3. dawgpounddiehard

Question: It took this long to figure out Slaton can carry the ball in his RIGHT arm?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Steve Slaton just healed up that gash.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, for trying to give this one away, the Mountaineers are doing a damn good job in coming back to make sure it doesn't get away from them.

Lead's down to 37-27.

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Thank you for speaking the truth. Big East is over rated.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Ville 37-27. It's now a field goal away from the over.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sorry guys...I watch as much if not more football than any of you, both in person (covering ACC, SEC and Big East) and on the tube, and these two offenses would score on Ohio State, Michigan, Florida or anyone else. They might not stop anyone, because they tackle like Pac-10 teams, but the winner of this game, if it wins out, would give Ohio State all it could handle.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I find it laughable that this always comes up. Yet people forget the way WVU absolutely torched the "stout" defense of Georgia in what amounted to a home game for Georgia in the Sugar Bowl last year.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Put me down with the last two posters. The only disadvantage the Big East schools have compared to the "real" conferences is that their programs haven't been on top enough to develop equally annoying fan bases.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Gotta give them credit for that. Georgia STILL doesn't know what hit them.
    though, IIRC, WVU needed some circus fake-punt bullshit at the end to avoid blowing a ... what was it ... 40-point lead?

12. dawgpounddiehard

Yeah, you're right, that Georgia team ranks right up there with this year's Ohio State or Michigan or Florida or even Auburn teams.

A little presumptuous are we, hondo?

Draft saved Draft deleted