1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

West Virginia vs Louisville

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Nov 2, 2006.

?

Who will win tonight's big matchup?

Poll closed Nov 3, 2006.
  1. West Virginia wins

59.5%
  2. Louisville wins

40.5%
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you're in a major conference, you should never agree to play on a Thursday night... If your program is starved for coverage, I can understand it, but I can't imagine how that would be the case for any team in the SEC, Big 10, Pac-10, Big 12, SEC or the ACC.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Thursday night = nice rights fee from TWL & lots of free publicity, with next to no competition for the audience from other college sports.

As Songbird notes, it's a great recruiting tool.

Thursday night NCAA = Monday night NFL

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hey, I take offense to that. :D

Louisville wins, 41-38

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Which is why this trend, if I remember right, started with the old WAC. I loved to come home from football practice and watch Marshall Faulk at San Diego State and Ty Detmer at BYU ... those were some crazy games to watch. And they got great exposure from the deal that they never would have gotten otherwise.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

45-yard line reaches up and costs Louisville a TD there.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's a shootout so far...

7. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Every time you settle for a field goal, you're that much closer to losing. And Louisville has settled for field goals way too much.

Very bad play calling by Petrino on that last drive. Seven plays inside the 10 and you don't even throw once? Not even one attempt at play action? And worse yet, all but one of those plays were straight runs up the gut. No creativity at all.

8. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

And WVU starts fumbling the football game away ...

9. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

That punt return TD could have been the backbreaker.

Now White's limping and Slaton's having arm trouble? Yeesh ...

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

White has looked damn good on this drive

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hey Mizzou, you named the SEC twice, and didn't mention the Big East. Guess the conference needs all the pub it can get.....[just kidding sir, what'll you have]

12. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

WVU needs a turnover here. They've been solid on red zone defense, but the problem is they haven't kept Louisville out of the red zone.

Draft saved Draft deleted