1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

West Virginia vs Louisville

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Nov 2, 2006.

?

Who will win tonight's big matchup?

Poll closed Nov 3, 2006.
  1. West Virginia wins

59.5%
  2. Louisville wins

40.5%
  1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Couch Burners 38, Horse Whippers 30

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

WVU is so ripe to get beat, it's practically falling off the tree.

UofL rolls at home.

3. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

If I were to gamble on college sports, mucking up the purity of a game played at a stadium named after a pizza delivery company with the winner getting good odds to play for a mythical National Championship game played solely for advertisers and the for-profit cartel known as the NCAA, then I would theoretically take 'Neers, though I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to end up like Chevy Chase in the following quote ....

Dr. Farthing: I know there's really nobody to blame for this but myself, well, I don't know, maybe the Buffalo Bills, the Boston Red Sox, or Mr. T or, or the Jets...

Mitch: Wait a minute, Mr T.? Are you telling me that you bet on the fight in Rocky III, and that you bet against Rocky?

Dr. Farthing: Hindsight is twenty-twenty, my friend.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is this the first time two top five teams have ever played on a Thursday night in recent memory?

Usually, if a ranked team plays on a Thursday it's usually against a patsy. Granted, I don't usually watch football on Thursday nights, but the last significant game I remember on a Thursday was Virginia's upset of Florida State in 1995. I'm sure there have been others, but that's the one that stands out...

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

West Virginia 47, Louisville 45.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

According to what I heard on the way in to work today, it's the first time ever.

7. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

NC State and Florida State played on a Thursday night this year.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Man, I sure hope Louisville pulls it off. I don't expect it. But I'm hoping. Buncha inbreds.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Nobody's confusing either team with a top-5 team this year.

10. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I'm still surprised the Florida States and Miamis of the world play on Thursday night. Haven't they earned the right not to? You don't see Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Texas or Nebraska strapping it up against Must-See TV.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Let the Vols hang another 5-6 up there and they might have been playing on Tuesday nights.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thursday night: Great recruiting tool.

Draft saved Draft deleted