1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

West Coast Help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Apr 14, 2007.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

There's decent surfing around there. The local surf rats call them the tits. It's at a beach/state park called San Onofre.

And if you go just south of the Tits, you can see a nude beach.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

South Coast Plaza has quality shopping, as does the Beverly Center, just across the street from Cedars Sinai Medical Center.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Be sure you take Highway 1 from Santa Cruz down to San Luis Obispo. That drive might be one of the best in the country.

I don't think I saw it mentioned, but a good side trip off the 101 is the wine country of Santa Barbara County. It's great even if you haven't seen "Sideways." If you've got the time (and money) you can spend a day or two there. It's way cheaper midweek, btw. Don't, however, drive down San Marcos Pass from wine country to Santa Barbara. It's a nice drive, but nothing like driving past El Capitan and Refugio state beaches off the 101.

When you get to Oxnard, take PCH down to Los Angeles. Just try to do it around mid-day or later--otherwise it's the traffic jam from hell.

Keep in mind, everything from Napa south is VERY expensive.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Stay the hell away from this woman.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Make sure you get some "west coast p*ssy" (or d*ck, depending on their tastes) for your "east coast players."

That's what Kid Rock says. ;)

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

See my second post on Page 1, OTD.

We've got the Central Coast wine thing covered. :D

7. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

This thread has me so pumped to hit the road.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

You'll have a blast. Cali and 101 kick major ass.

9. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

San Diego Zoo. Is it worth it?

Best beach (to walk on — I don't surf) between Seattle and Anaheim is . . . ?

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If you like zoos, it's the best in the world, IMO.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Long Beach. Huntington Beach. Seal Beach. Son of a Beach (ha. jk). Malibu has nice soft sand. So does Zuma, just north of Malibu.

For a romantic sunset into evening, there are cliffs in Ventura overlooking the Pacific. Wait for a full moon that illuminates the water. Grab your wife and hold her tight and kiss her.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Leo Carrillo. Venice.

Draft saved Draft deleted