1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Were the middle years of Kurt Warner's career mediocre?"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Re: Week 6 NFL Thread

Interesting bit of trivia: The Kristofferson role in the 1976 version was supposed to be played by Elvis, but Col. Tom Parker demanded he get top billing over Streisand. And we KNOW that wasn't going to happen.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Some fans are nuts. Harassing Texans QB Matt Schaub and his family. C'mon, people, it's a game!! I'm sure Schaub feels worse than anyone about his recent struggles.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/matt-schaub-family-files-report-regarding-two-trespassers/

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

That made me laugh.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

Anyone heard from Lieslntx recently?

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Schaub tried to throw them off the property but the trespassers then took it to the house.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Nice try.

BTW, Schaub named as starter for Sunday's game. No surprise, because the team doesn't really have any other viable alternatives at the moment. TJ Yates? Case Keenum? I'm sticking with Schaub.

Besides, the Rams are a good team to get well against before going to Kansas City. Run the ball a lot, let Schaub go 12-of-16 for 85 yards and NO PICKS and regain some confidence.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Kubiak is banking on Schaub not shitting the bed against the Rams. The Rams are bad, but the defense is at least respectable...

If they lose to the Rams, it won't matter, Schaub and Kubiak will then be gone.

If I was Kubiak, I would be spinning this... "Well, the last three games were against the Super Bowl champs and the teams that were supposed to be the best in the NFC this season..."

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Mizzougrad96

Holy shit that's funny.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That's been the Texans stumbling block the past 2 1/2 seasons. They beat the bottom feeders pretty regularly, but when they line up against the top teams, they get clobbered badly. If you fancy yourself a Super Bowl contender, you have to be able to beat some of those once in a while.

But the schedule is what it is, and I'm sure Schaub and Kubiak are happy to be playing the Rams instead of the Broncos this week.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Painfully obvious that Schaub holds Houston back from being one of the top
    NFL teams. It's been that way for a few years now.

12. Mizzougrad96

That's why nobody was sold on the Texans last season. They had a great record, and had a huge win over the Ravens, but had gotten their asses kicked by the Packers and Patriots, so it was a little difficult to take them seriously as a Super Bowl contender, even before Schaub got hurt.

Draft saved Draft deleted