1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We're the Jetsons

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First flying car by '15.

http://www.shockmansion.com/2013/05/25/video-the-first-flying-car-is-finally-here-goes-on-sale-2015-can-take-off-vertically-in-traffic-jam/#.UlbX3P4e0Zs.facebook

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Now make with the fucking hoverboard. What kind of bullshit future is this, anyway?

(And I don't see Miami beating Chicago in the World Series in two years either ...)

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Tampa and the MArlins merge and reach the WS in 2 years. No way the Cubs get there though

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Sweet, I can't wait for the first drunk/texting/distracted flying car crash that lands on a children's daycare, killing dozens.

5. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

How is this even going to be legal? Wouldn't the car have to interact with air traffic controllers so as to not have a crash with overhead planes, a la a Breaking Bad scenario?

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the first incident of air rage.

The technology may certainly be there some day, but after 30+ years of seeing how people drive, there's absolutely no way on a large scale people can handle this.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I can only see this if the car/plane is totally computerized to the point where nobody except the computer flies it and has multiple sensors and restrictions. Just punch in the destination, and the car/plane does every thing else.

8. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

I can't see these being affordable either, so it's not like you'd have traffic jams up in the sky. I'd imagine they'd go for AT LEAST $200K. Plus gas would cost a ton.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Driverless cars are already in beta testing. This doesn't seem like such an impossible leap forward from that.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Screw that. How long before the first idiot teenagers start dropping deuce bombs on pedestrians and ground-dwellers during rush hour?

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Cars would have to cruise at an altitude that would keep it well below any controlled airspace and congested traffic.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Can the technology to make Rosie look like a hot French maid be far behind?

Draft saved Draft deleted