1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We're screwed ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I heard on NPR that prices are up $2 and they are expecting it to jump even more once we find out how long the fields will be down. Gas is already the most expensive I've seen it here at $3.05.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Corrosion-related wall thinning appeared to exceed BP criteria for continued operation."

Notice how said criteria was never elaborated upon. Meaning it could've been the equivalent of an eggshell's thickness. Just another excuse to game the system further.

BP's Alaska operation is just a drop in the bucket compared to its exploratory operations in Russia. Squeeze the supply just so, create more speculation, and BP keeps pumping away along with everyone else and making piles of money all the while.

Think Enron, people, Enron.

History DOES indeed repeat itself.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Alberta oil is looking better and better all the time. :D

4. Football_Bat

Be careful what you wish for. Alberta is already the 50 1/3rd state.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Will you take B.C. and Quebec too?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

BC is a no-brainer, due to Whistler and Vancouver's strip clubs.

Quebec is a negotiating point. What else are you willing to throw into the deal?

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

We'll take Quebec. If we goosestep in, maybe they'll voluntarily stop speaking French and embrace German. From there it's a short leap to English.

8. Football_Bat

Kind of like in 1940 ... POW! ZING!

Didn't they used to say the same about Louisiana?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In the last six months, our company organized its production process, and transferred me from an office 1.2 miles from my house, to an office 25.3 miles away.

My gas consumption went from 2 gallons a week to 3 gallons a day. In other words, about nine dollars a goddamn day right out of my pocket (That's $180.00 a month, as of today. $200 as of next week). Thanks a fucking lot, boys.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't know what you're complaining about, Starman.

Why, two-bit says there's no reason at all anyone should be feeling the pinch from rising gas prices. And he's never wrong about anything.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Gone up from $2.98 to $3.04 around here from last night to today. Higher in the northern suburbs.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I put $15 in last night when it was $2.99. That got me to nearly 3/4 of a tank. That should last me until the end of the month.

The joy of living less than a mile from the office!

Draft saved Draft deleted