1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"We're running out of time!" - Thread for 2/12 edition of "24"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GimpyScribe, Feb 13, 2007.

1. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Well, I did a search for threads to the show and all were really old, so I figured I'd start a new one.
    Excellent 2 hours of "24" tonight. It really felt like the show hit its stride tonight. I know some people have been complaining this season has been a little slow. Well, that wasn't the case tonight ... and the preview for next week's episode looks like the adrenaline rush continues. I won't go into details cuz I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen the show yet, but just wanted to know what all the other fans thought.

2. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Wow ... one of the most anticipated shows each week just airs arguably the best two hours of its season a few hours ago and no one has an opinion? I never thought I'd see the day where there's a thread for the lame-duck "Studio 60" with fresh comments, but "24" can't get any love?
    Very surprising.

3. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

I think they came up with a body count in that apartment before the last shots were even fired, about 20 seconds after first entry.

::)

4. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Well, I liked it, Grumpy.
    Very of-the-moment in its torture techniques, by the way, what with Fayed and the power drill.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Morris isn't a very popular character so I thought maybe they were going to go the redemption rout and have him stand up to the torture without breaking. I guess not. Way to go pussy. ;)

6. Franklin

Franklin Member

what the hell was the brother thinking? "i'll cop to killing an ex-president and a couple of federal agents. but it's ok, because i'll only do a little time and dad will get me out of jail?"

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Best episode since the first two hours.
    It was the first time since that I hate I have to wait a week for the next episode.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I blame NyQuil. Take some of that and you are running out of time.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think last night's episode sets up the rest of the season very well

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

"You gave him something that worked? What were you thinking?"

One of the best lines of the night.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

All I know is, CTU isn't just running out of time, it's running out of tac teams.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

All kinds of shit went down Monday. Almost hard to keep track.

Draft saved Draft deleted