1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We're going to war with Iran

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Grimace

Grimace Guest

If we bomb Iran, gas goes to $10/gallon, triggering a national/international recession.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not to worry. We will just use Iran's oil to pay for the war and ease our economic woes. Worked just fine in Iraq.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Fenian,

Stop your liberal hand-wringing.

We should bomb Iran back to the stone ages. Only about 85 percent of the people there like us.

If they can't be unanimous then eat TNT!

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Here is the Esquire story that outlines the reasons why he quit:

http://www.esquire.com/features/fox-fallon

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If the guy is brilliant, no wonder he was at odds with this administration.

Seriously in Cheney and his croneys start charging toward war, we should throw these bums out on the street.

6. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I laughed out loud at work at that line.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Not around here, they don't. The people where I live would support almost any policy as long as it was wrapped in the flag and had a cross attached. I don't think I'm exaggerating.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How about wrapped in a white sheet with a burning cross? Will that do?

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

That'd fly with some, but there's no need for such anachronistic and crass imagery, which might alienate some of the rank-and-file in the legions of fake "patriots."

10. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Dear God, we need to do something to distract these people for the next 10 months. Of course, it would be nice if Congress would show a spine and at least try and halt a war that no one except a few neo-cons want.

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

DD, I think he quit because of the story -- or at least it's provided a convenient excuse. Because the story's pretty damn glowing.

Sorry if this causes World War III, guys. Please don't cancel your subscriptions.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

]
    Fixed I think recession's already inevitable.

God help us if this resignation actually does have that meaning. Would these guys really start something that monumental with only 10 months left and no chance to finish it?

Draft saved Draft deleted