1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We're going to war with Iran

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Mar 11, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

CentCom commander, who basically said we wouldn't go to war with Iran under his watch, no longer has a watch:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336849,00.html

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sounds like somebody is not supporting the troops.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The VP is traipsing gaily all about the region, looking for justification, I'm sure.

Can't sell it to the American people, though. The American people know that these guys are all full of shit, by now.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I was listening to the radio around lunchtime yesterday when the report came: "President Bush has dispatched Vice President Cheney to the Middle East in an effort to invigorate the peace process."

I had to let that one sink in for a minute.

5. Something's fishy hear. You give up your post because of an article? What?

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Peace = War.

Orwell has NOTHING on these creeps. NOTHING.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

There is more to it than that, and the article indicated such. But understand how the Pentagon works. As a military man, he really can't have an opinion on military matters, especially if his idea differs from that espoused by his CinC.

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Us and what army?

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Eurasia's.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

In other news, Dr. Jack Kevorkian was named Surgeon General today . . .

11. With all due respect to all here, who's going to stop them?
    The Congress?
    The People?
    As soon as the first bomber flies, there will be flag-lapel pins and cool graphics and public opinion either falls in line or doesn't matter. These people do...not...believe in democratic processes.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Don't we always go to war around this time of year under a President Bush? Jeez. Yeah, I figured something was up with Cheney coming out of his bunker and seeing his shadow, which of course means six more years of war.

And McCain is going over to the Middle East as well with Lieberman and Graham.

Draft saved Draft deleted