1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We're back in Somalia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dude, Jan 9, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I knew about this a couple of weeks ago. I was talking to a PR chickie I know and her husband is in the Air Force. She said that he had just left for his fourth tour and I asked where and she said Djibouti. A country name that always makes me laugh. Anyway, I was surprised because I didn't know anything was going on there. And she said, not yet, but where ever he goes something is about to happen and she was right.
    I could have totally tipped off Al-Queda.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Ahem. (bullshit) Ahem.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As somebody who knows Jay IRL, I can assure you he's not BSing about the woman telling him that.

Of course, I'm sure al-Queda already knew about the US involvement.

4. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

Where military endeavors are concerned, it is important to practice OPSEC.
    Operational Security.
    That PR chickie was not doing this.
    Shame on her. Her superiors would not be happy.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I didn't gather her in the military, but her husband's commander would be very, very pissed.

I would.

6. three_bags_full

Same bird. Different armament systems is all.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Aren't many US helicopters capable of in-flight refueling? Is it possible that's how they were able to operate off a carrier and reach those targets in Somalia?

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Lets be honest, al qaeda is pretty aware that anywhere they go, chances are we're following. So even if she said that's where he's going, it's not like all that much was revealed.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I was joking on the last thing, but I'm glad to see that me and Ragu have something in common now, Dyepoop has both called us liars.
    Anyway, her husband flies those giant cargo planes and they haul the gear and people to setup a forward operation. When they get there, they stay and become "garbagemen" hauling the trash away.
    She dated a friend of mine [Coded message: Pitchford] and I've known her a long time. I'm sure that she didn't think I was going to give away national security information to terrorists.
    Note to Inky: Does Jay IRL mean I'm in the Indy Racing League?

10. three_bags_full

I know of no "attack" helicopters that can be fueled in flight. There are some utility and cargo models that can be refuled in that manner.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

You're both bullshit artists.

And did you know that you can dye your poop? You can make it come out green or blue or purple, just by taking the right supplement.

12. We've been in Djibouti for a while. Got a full-time base and everything.

Al-Qaeda could go a Google search or read a newspaper or watch the BBC or ... well, I'm just saying the info it out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted