1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wendy's pretzel bacon cheeseburger

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDJournalist, Aug 11, 2013.

1. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Anybody else tried this? Didn't think it'd be so delicious.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I've eaten one, and it was pretty dang good.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Posted about it in the burger thread. It was disgusting.
    Way too messy. The grease and cheese sauce completely saturated the pretzel bun in a matter of minutes, making it a soggy mess and negating the main feature. It's a good idea, poorly executed. It would probably be tremendous with a leaner burger and without the gloopy cheese sauce.
    I much preferred the Sonic pretzel hot dog, which only comes with mustard on it and holds up a lot better.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm between Batman and the others here. I really liked the bun, but there is so much other crap on the burger that it's tough to taste. Of their various burger offerings, I liked the one that had bleu cheese the best, but that had the same issue - there was a slurry or sauce of other stuff, and the top bun would slide off.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'll concur on it being better without the cheese sauce. Just put a slice on there, and that's all you need. I don't like burgers you can't easily pick up and eat because of all the crap sliding around. I guess the one I got didn't have too much cheese sauce on it.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I did not know pretzel-bread technology had come so far. Sonic is selling hot dogs on these.

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

http://www.pretzilla.com/aboutus.html

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Now, this is a meatless dish we can all get behind:

Pretzilla® Bites are little nuggets of awesome. Each Bite is packed with all the Pretzilla® goodness that is found in the full-size buns, but in a handy snack size – making them perfect for any occasion.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And that slogan is genius.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

The pretzel bun sandwiches at Beef-a-Roo are probably the best thing about Rockford, Illinois.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Isn't the messiness part of the fun sometimes?

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Messy is fine if you're getting a good burger at a pub, but there isn't anything special about this one. It's not even like a Chipotle-level burrito, where that's messy to eat without a fork, but they've packed about a pound worth of rice, beef and other goodies in there for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted