1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welsh Psycho needs his own Bale-out

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 3, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Steve Smith isn't exactly riding high these days, and I'd suggest Crowe's career has peaked as well.

2. Sly

Sly Active Member

He's a great actor? Really? I haven't seen anything else he's been in, but he's been the weak link in both Batman movies. To act like he's some sort of Shakesperean actor is ridiculous. Hopefully this ends his career.

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

He was very good in Rescue Dawn, but Herzog does his best work with psycho actors.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Being labeled "difficult" to work with in Hollywood is just not a good move. Ask Elliott Gould, Debra Winger, Steven Segal, Jon Voigt, Val Kilmer, Sean Young. There are plenty of actors who one day are "hot", they get a little attitude, then suddenly work dries up.

I'm just saying..

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Ther Terminator trailer looks inferior to the past three installments.

Maybe Bale was channeling frustration that he may have a dog on his hands.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Dunno about Crowe. His career is in a plummet.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Simon_Cowbell

American Psycho
    Rescue Dawn
    The Prestige
    3:10 to Yuma

Pocahontas

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Not saying I endorse any of it, but the guy at Ain't It Cool News has a different slant.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39984

Still, seems like a real dick move.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

My favorite Bale movie is Equilibrium, which was seen by like six people, I think. Sort of Matrixy, but cooler.

American Psycho was just on recently. I despised the book - read it when I was young, maybe too young too appreciate it - but love the movie, and he's the sole reason.

"Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a watermark."

"We had gone to see a new musical called... "Oh Africa, Brave Africa". It was a laugh riot. That was about it."

"You're dating Louis and he's in Arizona. You're fucking me and we don't have plans tonight. What could you possibly be doing?"

10. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Sean Bean co-stars. Sportschick will have seen it. :D

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

"You like Huey Lewis?"

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I didn't know he was Welsh. He cusses like a Yank.

Draft saved Draft deleted