1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welomce To Texas Stadium, home of America's Circus.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

On the crawl beneath the Vandy/Tenn hoops game, ESPN is reporting about DMN's story on tardiness, etc.
    Perhaps the worst use of crawl I've ever seen.
    " ... Report says team flights were not delayed more than an hour, ......"
    Garbage!
    Pure garbage being passed off as "news".

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Ah, yes. Just looked it up. Six-year, $67.5 million deal. If Dallas fails to make the playoffs or fails to get a win in the playoffs, I don't see Wade Phillips coming back for the 2010-2011 season.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

Frankly, I didn't see Wade coming back in 2009, but Jerry just can't being himself to admit a mistake.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I think he'll eventually figure out a way, or an excuse, more likely, to fire Wade and say it was because the "coaching staff" was shaken up and keeping the head coach would not be the best for the franchise going forward. He'll say he was not breaking his word because he was speaking previously about all the coaches "being in place." If nothing else, he'll do it just to get the team back in the news.

5. micke77

micke77 Member

Pallister...my point exactly on Rome. what has he done in big games?
    nada.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The circus will continue as Michael "Don't point that pistol at me" Irvin hosts a reality show. Grand prize is a spot on the Cowboys 80-man training camp roster ...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/classic/stories/012309dnspoirvinshow.26cc7bc.html

So much for the Cowboys cutting out needless distractions or focusing on football, instead of building the brand.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

At this point, JJHick still can't wrap his mind around the idea of employing a HC he can't passive/aggressively control. See: Steinbrenner, G.

8. micke77

micke77 Member

the funniest and most mind-boggling in this Cowboys' tardiness, etc., debacle is that $100 fine imposed on those guilty.
    when should i stop laughing.
    unfreakin' believable.

Draft saved Draft deleted