1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welomce To Texas Stadium, home of America's Circus.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Blitz, my boy, as a punt returner, maybe. A third-down back, possibly.
    As a running back, never. Ever. In any lifetime.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I think the Saints would be wise to make him the full-time punt and kickoff guy and use him as a third-down back and in other occasional passing situations. Pierre Thomas earned the right to be the go-to-guy last year, proving he can do the one thing Bush can't.

3. micke77

micke77 Member

jerry jones, jessica, tony, T.O.....the cowboys doing this kind of stuff? ah, i don't believe it. not those guys. nah, got to be a fabricated story. a team that is so together, so unified, so complimentary of each other?
    i am shocked over this story. can't be true.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The story may be true or may not be, but the article itself is the most woefully slip-shod piece of crap I've ever seen squirted out by that newspaper.

How about getting somebody to comment on the record? Nope, nothing but anonymous "sources." Hell, fanboi BLOGS can do better than this. Hell, WE do the same just bantering on this board.

And there's at least one fact error in the story: The Cowboys charter flight to Philadelphia was an hour and a half late because of weather delays, not because players were late — this was noted today by both a beat writer and a radio producer on local airwaves. If there's that, how many other fact errors are there in this story?

Garbage journalism.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The only "source" you needed to know the Cowboys were undisciplined was the scoreboard.

6. micke77

micke77 Member

Football_Bat.........i questioned the reporting, too, and my "gut" feeling tells me something doesn't jive here. not saying some of it isn't on the mark, but too many unnamed sources. i need much better verification to really believe a lot of this.
    again, not saying a lot of this crap didn't happen because...again....jerry, T.O., tony, etc...

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

True that. I also think the "talent" on that team is a smidge overrated. Particularly on the offensive line and in the secondary.

8. micke77

micke77 Member

I have never been sold on Tony Romo as the QB who can get it done for them.
    call me nuts and rip me, but i think he's overrated. know he's one of 11 guys, but still....

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I really feel good about Romo's talent and ability to execute.
    Were he in Pitt or with some other team, I think he'd shine more brightly.
    Dallas saps him of so much.

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

When is Romo open for free agency? If Dallas does nothing until then, I see him just taking the walk and finding someone who can win. Jerry Jones is only interested in finding a "yes man" rather than someone who will take that team by the balls and push them to win.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

The former, yes, but what in his breif career makes you believe the latter? He's shown exactly the opposite in big games.

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

Didn't they just sign him to a long-term contract? In the $65 million range?

Draft saved Draft deleted