1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well this seems a bit excessive

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dark_Knight, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

A basketball coach retaliates after a loss, punching one of his players in the face and throwing her to the ground after a loss. The coach was charged with battery.

http://missoulian.com/sports/high-school/girls-basketball/wisconsin-girls-hoop-coach-punches-player-after-loss/article_435e9b30-cad5-11e1-8395-0019bb2963f4.html

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he didn't talk to reporters after the game...

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Good times on the club circuit.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i only hope he was charged with a 9-volt.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You only cover us when the coach beats the crap out of players after the game.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This is like a Bobby Knight wet dream.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

He's now up for WNBA job in Rochester, NY.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The bigger question is, did it work and did she respond with a double-double?

8. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

But if we didn't have a reporter at the game, we can't run the news about it![/crossthread]

9. Captain_Hindsight

Captain_Hindsight New Member

You should find some hobbies to entertain you while you wait for my insights. This may lessen your anxiety. Some gentlemen enjoy golf while I prefer jogging myself. As for the coach, he clearly should have coached the girls better. They would have won this game and whole ugly incident would have been avoided.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

[​IMG]

The Junction Girls

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

This made me laugh. A nice change from the normal.

12. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

That headline made me initially think it was Univ. of Wisconsin's wbb coach.

Draft saved Draft deleted