1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, this isn't good news

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jun 30, 2006.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Wow. I think the history books written by the children of the millions of people freed in Iraq will look damned kindly on the war.

What short-sighted rubbish you peddle here.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

This story was about four people who won't be writing any history books.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

But . . . we found the WMD! Rick Santorum said so! Fox News said so!

Raping an Iraqi woman and killing her family? Hell, it's nothing worse than a fraternity prank!

Those soldiers were probably celebrating the fact they weren't among the tens of thousands that all those Democratic politicians said would die in the first week of the invasion.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Please, give till it hurts. :D

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

One big-ass assumption there, Henry -- that they'll be "freed."

But just for the sake of arguing, let's say they are. You're telling me that the books those people write will outnumber the books written by the families of the thousands of American soldiers' who died? Or the ones from the families of the tens of thousands of Iraqis who died?

I'm guessing they won't. And I'm also guessing that all of those other books will devote many a page to the lies and half-truths this administration used to get us into the war and quite a few more pages on the horrors of that war -- from both sides.

It'll be one helluva dark day in this country when we look back with pride on a war in which thousands of our citizens were killed for absolutely NO REASON. Very dark.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

One would wish to balance, I think, the supposed "thousands of Iraqis who have died" since the war began against the provable hundreds of thousands who died under Saddam -- who, contrary to South Park, was not a laughble litle troll.

We'll revisit this question.

I'm out of work for two weeks and intend a full-court press.

Stand by.

7. There's an easy way to solve this. Let us allow the Iraqi people a plebiscite on the continued presence of American troops in their country. Let's let them vote on our 14 permanent bases, and our carving up the oil reserves, and our embassy that's bigger than Rhode Island and fortified like something out of the Middle Ages. Let them vote on all of it and let us abide by the result.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The military will claim she was a stripper. The troops e-mails regarding their need to rape an Iraqi woman will be disregarded as a simple joke.

Draft saved Draft deleted