1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well this isn't a conflict, is it?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rudy Petross, Jan 19, 2010.

1. iceman

iceman New Member

Wow. Among the many reasons this is depressing is Bemidji is a nice place, but I wouldn't take any job at the paper after reading this ad.

My question: Is anyone aware of any similar job that exists at any other "real" newspaper in the U.S.?

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

This isn't a real paper, Iceman.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I think Iceman should go for it. Of course there are a couple of reporter openings about 100 miles from Bemidji at Forum Communications Co. papers.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Sounds perfect for Drip.

5. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

clicking that link should all but cancel any one's idea for applying to this if the job description didn't do it. Wow. If you scroll down you'll see that the site has recently had a "Major Upgrade" even. lol...lol...lol

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

About four years ago, I came on here and told people my newspaper wanted me to start selling five subscriptions per week. I never sold a subscription. I worked for another month and then resigned to start freelancing. The company closed shop about two years ago. I'm glad I received such good advice on the Web site.

Draft saved Draft deleted