1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, the run-up to the Ryder Cup just got interesting...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Apr 6, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3332226

Azinger, to me, comes off weak and petty on this one.
    However, this will make for good entertainment if it continues up to Kentucky.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Azinger weak and petty? Noooooooo.

Yawn.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Ok, I'll grant you this really isn't out of character for him, but I'd never heard that concede the putt/halve the hole story.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Am I the only one who's surprised "prick" made it into a story? I don't consider it a bad word, but I know a lot of people who still do.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I forgot to add that as well, I was very surprised to see that.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Gotta say I like what he said. Faldo tries to come off a nice guy on TV when he really is a prick.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Azinger is a twit. Faldo may be a jackass, but he is clearly sharper than Azinger.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Azinger is one thing Faldo will never be: An American! God bless the USA.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Faldo is a lot like Curtis Strange in that he's become a better human being since he discovered he can't play a lick any more. Azinger will always talk to the media, but he will have strong opinions and he will tell you if he thinks you asked a dumb questions -- which is really any question where he can't think of a good one-liner off the top of his head.

I was surprised Azinger unloaded on him like this because the two have been tee-hee, yuck-yuck when on TV together and at mutual news conferences since they became captains.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Could beer have been involved? Don't know that I've ever heard of Azinger drinking but it does make you wonder when he comes out with this kind of stuff.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'm surprised Azinger said that...I was also under the impression that the two got along. There may be some truth to his statements, but he still sounds petty.

Draft saved Draft deleted