1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, that was random

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Jun 27, 2016.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

You know those instances you happen across when something is just so out of context you think it can't possibly be happening? Had another one Saturday.

Had lunch at this Greek restaurant in Nessebar, Bulgaria. Beautiful view. Sat down and ordered -- trout; we were on the water -- and suddenly became aware of a familiar voice coming over the radio.

Willie Nelson.

Dear God, it was strange. Even weirder than hearing Blake Shelton in the French bakery in Seoul.

During my meal, I didn't recognize any other music, but they played three Willie Nelson songs, wrapping up with "I Didn't Come Here and I Ain't Leaving," which I didn't know had ever been released.

It made my weekend. The Redheaded Stranger on the Black Sea.

TigerVols, Vombatus and ChrisLong like this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Whew. From the thread title and knowing where you are, I feared this was going to be about witnessing random terrorism.

Willie is much better than that.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm going on a trip soon, arriving in Europe, and have about a week before coming back. I considered riding the train to Bulgaria because ... Bulgaria.

Probably a longshot at this point but I still might. Bulgaria.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

She recommends you don't go. She says things are very bad there. The devil has the people by the throat.

Of course, this guy disagrees:

[​IMG]

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That story is gold KJIM.

6. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

The Redheaded Stranger on the Black Sea

Sounds like a late-night movie title found on Skinemax.

7. I'd watch that .. If for no other reason than to fast forward to the naughty bits ... but still.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That wasn't easy with VHS.

Draft saved Draft deleted