1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, thank goodness. He had started to let himself go

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jan 14, 2011.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, I used to think canonized meant getting shot out of a cannon.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That would be awesome.

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

When I was a kid and my dad would go to work, I would beg him to stay home and play with me. He, of course, would tell me he had to go to work or he'd be fired. I always pictured him staying home from work while the fire department had to come put out the blaze in his office.

5. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

When I was in second or third grade, our teacher told us it was time to take a lavatory break. I walked down the hall to the laboratory and couldn't figure out why no one else was there, and why she wanted us to pee in there.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

As a kid, I thought a cease fire was an actual fire set to mark the end of a battle.

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Similarly, my dad always told me he had to leave to go make money, which I took too literally.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Glad to see a Pope, who was known for holding his flock to strict interpretations of the rules, is being fast-tracked to sainthood in a clear flaunting of said rules.

Hypocrisy, thy name is the Roman Catholic Church.

9. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Yeah, especially the firing the pope's dead body out of a cannon. Would he be wearing those red slippers that they put on him during the visitation?

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Wasn't Hunter S. Thompson canonized?

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The five-year wait was waived for Mother Theresa as well.
    It is done from time to time.

Also, he could be beatified without ever being canonized.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

When I was really little, I sneezed once and asked my mom to wipe the "God Bless You" off my face.

Draft saved Draft deleted