1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, so much for portraying your people "in a more positive light"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 17, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.buffalonews.com/437/story/578644.html

Orchard Park police are investigating a particularly gruesome killing, the beheading of a woman, after her husband — an influential member of the local Muslim community — reported her death to police Thursday.

Police identified the victim as Aasiya Z. Hassan, 37. Detectives have charged her husband, Muzzammil Hassan, 44, with second-degree murder.

"He came to the police station at 6:20 p.m. [Thursday] and told us that she was dead," Orchard Park Police Chief Andrew Benz said late this morning.

Muzzammil Hassan told police that his wife was at his business, Bridges TV, on Thorn Avenue in the village. Officers went to that location and discovered her body.

Muzzammil Hassan is the founder and chief executive officer of Bridges TV, which he launched in 2004, amid hopes that it would help portray Muslims in a more positive light.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

a d_bcapitation

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Holy shit, that's good.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Hondo d-Bing Old Tony... the Muslims have won!

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So you're going to trivialize a guy beheading his wife because you want to attack me?

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You know, if the guy had shot his wife with a handgun--the American Way--Hondo wouldn't have his knickers in a twist.

Quite frankly, I saw this story and immediately thought of Hondo. I'm surprised it took him as long as it did to post it.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

1. Trust me ... I don't care how someone kills their wife. Still wrong.
    2. But for someone who comes to America in an effort to improve the image his religion has, well, that's a damn tragic way to show it. Didn't exactly realize his goal, now did he?

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You're right, you've won me over. Muslims suck because this one guy did this.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

how many times you going to quote my post, hondo?

And JR is one million percent right. If some jerkoff walked into a K-Mart and blew away 27 people, you wouldn't say a thing.

I don't believe in any religion, so once again your contention that I must be one of Them is off. But I do like to point out when the board racist is acting like himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted