1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, maybe their school lunches are really, really bad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

I give up. I've said it at least three times, and at least three times you've gone of the deep end. Obviously you can't understand that I didn't mean funny in a "haha those kids just stomped the shit out of a raccoon" kind of way.

But whatever.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

ohhhh, you meant ironic funny. please explain how stomping a helpless animal to death is ironic. i eagerly await your reply.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

When I was younger, my family would go camping with my uncle's family. There was one trip where my dad and uncle were feeding raccoons by hand.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

did your dad and uncle gain the 'coons' trust and then stomp on them? that would have been funny. but i don't mean haha funny, you know.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Easy, Tomas. Let it go. It's over.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just what I was thinking.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i laughed like hell at that, doc. solid.

jr: santa hates canadians.

8. Or a Bic pen?
    They wanted 11 dollar bills, and I only had ten.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If it's one of the Penn State students who threw full beer cans at the guy wearing an Ohio State shirt, be my guest.

10. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Sorry if you were eagerly waiting again, Tom, but I've been on the road and haven't had a chance to get on here.

Like I said, I thought it was funny because a) it's an unusual animal cruelty case in that it doesn't involve dogs or cats or fried chicken and b) some clueless idiot said they didn't know any better.

Hopefully you can let it go now. Sorry you got all worked up over my response. FWIW, I still don't much enjoy animals unless I'm eating them, hunting them or catching them with a fishing pole. Just the way it is. Doesn't mean I think animals should be mistreated or that I condone molestation and murder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.