1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, if Joe Pa can't control himself, how can he control his players

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07284/824581-143.stm

Sounds like it's time to retire Joe. Getting a little too cranky.
    And you gotta love the husband and wife for not being intimidated by St. Joe, in State College.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Penn State football players, and their coach, out of control? But...but....it's Penn State! They even wear boring uniforms! They must be clean.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Growing up in North Central Kansas one of the cops in town loved to tell the story of when he pulled over Tom Osborne for going close to 100 mph. Osborne was apparently late for an in-home visit and wasn't too happy.

Osbourne: Dammit, I'm already late. This is going to cost us a recruit. Don't you know who I am?

Kansas Highway Patrol Man: Yeah coach, I know who you are. But don't you know you crossed the state line about 20 miles ago?

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Yes he should retire because he's 80 and traded verbal jabs with another motorist. Hell mine as well take him out in one of those fields that surround State College and put him out of his misery. Get real.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

As Mike Tyson reportedly said to someone about his rape case: I've done 10 things worse in life and never gotten in trouble (paraphrased).

Same holds true for Paterno.

(P.S. hondo you come off as a Penn State hater between this and killing them on the logo thread, when it was the licensing company that went after the elementary school... you a Pitt grad or something?)

6. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

best thing about this post: not in blue

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I can never remember the code for the blue font. I like to believe I lay the sarcasim on think enough where it's not needed.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Actually no, but Joe Pa is full of shit and has been for awhile now. I'm merely calling bullshit where it exists.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Joe's been full of shit since he came to Happy Valley in 1950.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But...but...they still don't have names on their uniforms? And black shoes (do they still have the black shoes?) Nothing bad ever happens in State College. Really....

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

LaVon Chisley would agree with you on that. Sadly, he's been convicted of murder and is in Rockview for, say, life.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

What an idiot? Kid listened to the wrong people and look where that led him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.