1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well here she is - the world's greatest catch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Mutah

Mutah Member

And she's a Cleveland girl. Jumps her two points up the Mutah 10-point scale. Smart, cute, writes, Ohio? Let the stalking begin!

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Uma's making considerably less than that.

In our case, we took a long look at all the stuff in our lives, our career goals, our family goals, etc. and made decisions that helped us reach as many of those goals as possible. Really, the only thing we gave up was my job as an SE at a small paper. I'll work part time for a few years and see where life takes me after that. Again, I think I'm just verrrry lucky that I have that option.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

She was dressed up in the photo I posted, and while maybe attractive, she's nowhere close to drop dead gorgeous. And if you're wondering, I graduated 10 years ago.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

And we can all thank Title IX for this...

Props to Uma for her education and career. I'm sure it hasn't been an easy road, especially given your location.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

nahh, our location probably made it easier. the school is trying very hard -- some white men would say too hard -- to recruit and attract females and minorities.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

We weren't wondering.

The picture on her web site was much better than the one someone posted on here.

Oh, and she's and arteest, too.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OH. MY. LORD.

This may semi-out me... But I went to college with her. And I went out with her a couple of times.

Jeez. If she is the world's greatest catch, did I blow it at the ripe old age of 20?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, she is a brain surgeon. Just be glad you got a couple dates before she tossed you back in.

9. The Big Ragu

Ha ha. Why does everyone assume SHE tossed me back in and not the other way around?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, it wouldn't be funny the other way around.

11. The Big Ragu

I see the SportsJournalists.com unibomber is stalking me again. Does the douchebag bring anything but vitriol to the board?

And for everyone, else, honest truth. Went out with her briefly in college. It would have been 1989 or 1990. I may even have photos buried in a shoebox at home that provide some evidence.

12. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

My dentistry group is all women.

AND as far as women being better doctors ... difficult to prove, of course, but I suspect women would be better. The possibility of some genuine giving-a-shit would exist. Might be a nice change from what you get most of the time.
    Amen, Lester. Amen!

Draft saved Draft deleted