1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, here comes winter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Around 40 degrees here, covered some stuff outside today. Chilly and windy as hell, but nothing I couldn't handle.

I don't mind when it starts to get chilly, though. It's almost Jager-drinking weather.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good song. But the best Bangles song was "If He Knew What He Wants." :D :D

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ahem. I like to think of this as "Central Bumfuck Canada" or, to be exact, "Midwestern Bumfuck Ontario."

Check out the low-pressure system over Ontario. Looks like a frigging bullseye.

[​IMG]

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

What is this "snow" of which thou speakst?

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Nope. "Walk Like An Egyptian." :)

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, the shit has hit the fan.

A foot of snow has dropped on Western New York (Buffalo), Niagara Falls and the Niagara Peninsula in Ontario.

Parts of the QEW, the main highway between Toronto & New York state are closed.

Up in Double J country, they got dumped on as well.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061013.wontsnow1013/BNStory/National/home

On Thursday, 53.5 centimetres of heavy snow set the record for the “snowiest” October day in Buffalo in the 137-year history of the weather service, said meteorologist Tom Niziol. The previous record of 38 centimetres was set Oct. 31, 1917.

For those keeping score at home 53.5 centimetres is about 21 inches.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was in Barrie for a game last night - due east of JJ - and we had whiteouts on the highway on the way in and loads of snow during the first period or so. That's hcokey weather, folks.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We had a little ice on the windshield this morning. But now it's sunny and 65.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Dude ... um ... wow. We're having a giggle at your expense out west here. :D

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

Figures, I pulled a DB with my weather thread.
    Windy, chilly here but no snow -- yet.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's Happy Hour again.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

It turned out to be not quite as bad here as I thought it might be. The snow covered my yard last night and kept coming today but the temperature started to rise late in the afternoon and most of the white shit is gone.

For now. :-\

Draft saved Draft deleted