1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, here comes winter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

We went from 70 to 45 in one day. And not just 45 degrees, but 45 degrees with a 20-30 MPH wind.

The east coast will get it tomorrow!

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Supposed to be 48 tonight... I'm going to have to put on a jacket to cover football. WTF!

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Time to clear the shelves of milk and bread at Publix.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No. There are no Publix in my part of happy land. Will have to brave the great unwashed at the Hooterville Walmart

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Snowflakes in suburban Cleveland today. Not enough to even dust your car windshield, but just enough to make you remember winter once again will be coming to Cleveland.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Snow and thunder? Good Lord! That's an oxymoron ... we had snow three weeks ago, probably the same time Idaho did. Of course, I was in Vegas where it was a lovely 35 degrees. Perfect! (That's 35 Celsius, BTW)

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Think for a minute.

8. 37 degrees here. That's outside. My apartment feels like it's about 26 degrees. I have old radiators, which haven't kicked in yet. I've been sleeping in double layers and completely under my covers. Bad stuff.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It's wonderful here. No air conditioning...windows open...just enough of a breeze. It's cloudy now, but was sunny this morning. I love fall.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Look around,
    Leaves are brown,
    And the sky is a hazy shade of winter

11. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

As I type this...3:59 PDT

85 degrees F.

Sunshine...blue skies. Light Breeze.

Bad news for the weekend though. Could be as cool as 75 with overnight lows in the mid 50's.

I am aware that I am being an ass.

We did have a week and a half of 113 to 117 so I guess it balances.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Cripe ... they're talking of a bit of chill here Friday night. Then again, this is an area where people think weather below 50 F is cold. Some in the newsroom are known for dragging out blankets, sweatshirts and even hats because they think the newsroom is some sort of meat locker.

Then again, some think I run kinda warm. :-\

Draft saved Draft deleted